Submitted: 06-03-2008 by Kayaker

I have owned several different kayaks but needed to buy a few to keep at my place on the river for when I have guests. I ended up driving over and picking up two Victory Blasts. Of course I had to take them down the river for a few test runs.

The backrest did loosen on me but found it was a easy fix with some zipties. After that I had no problem with the kayak at all. This thing is super stable and tracks much better than I was expecting. The river I took them on also has frequent Class I rapids and this Blast handled them at ease, although I did get some water in the pit, that would be expected with any kayak without a spray skirt.

I slammed this thing into several rocks and logs and it didn't even phase it, just left a few scratches. This kayak is overall a great kayak and will last you years. Couldn't be happier with this kayak and with such a cheap price it's a total steal.