Submitted: 06-02-2008 by DBR

You might wonder why I rated this canoe an 8 after what I say about it but there is something I like about it. The first and only time I took it out was by myself which I wouldn't have done except for the fact that my family won't ride in it yet although I think I'll bring them around before long.

I found this canoe to be very tippy if you take it out by yourself. I noticed most of the other reviews don't say that, but I see just about all of them had others with them. I decided it must be tippy due to the fact I had no weight in the front. I believe with a sand bag or a person would reduce this problem a lot. I must admit I had thoughts of selling or returning it to the store after my first voyage, but after I thought about it I didn't want to give up on it.

I am going to purchase a set of canoe stabilizers so that I don't have to worry about taking an unwanted dip in the water. I believe with either the front occupied by weight or a person (or if I have side stabilizers) that I will like this canoe more. I just would not recommend taking out alone.