Submitted: 05-31-2008 by dbenham
We paddled this new canoe, in a Kevlar ultra-light layup, on a 5-day BWCAW trip in May. It was the perfect canoe for us. The wide beam (36.5") was more than adequate for our three packs and fishing equipment and the rounded hull gave strong initial and secondary stability. The stability did not change appreciably when we canoed without gear. I appreciated the ample leg-room in the bow allowing me to comfortably change positions during travel.

It is not a fast canoe we averaged a bit less than 3mph but we were not pushing for speed. The Boundary Waters has a bit of rocker (1" according to Wenonah) and we found it easy to turn for a 17' canoe, yet it tracked well. I paddled it solo both upright and heeled and found both exceptionally comfortable.

This model is a very versatile canoe. If you are looking for a stable canoe with good carrying capacity, yet will track well, you might give this one a paddle.