Submitted: 05-28-2008 by erich
Recently purchased the twin otter, being a very new beginner, I found it a very good kayak. Found I could not adjust the seats and foot pegs to center the weight in the kayak properly. Being 6'2" at 225 lb and my granddaughter only 6 years old. I could not move her forward enough for her to use the foot pegs. With some modifications I will be making, it will work out perfectly, by replacing the side rails with longer ones.

I find the overall weight very comfortable in handling solo in transporting to and from the truck, or putting away at the end of the day. But I am in pretty good shape, someone else may need help.

I found the tracking was very well with beginners. My daughter went out with the granddaughter, both beginners also, they found it was fun to paddle around and enjoy nature.