Submitted: 05-28-2008 by erich
Recently purchased the twin otter, being a very new beginner, I found it a very good kayak. Found I could not adjust the seats and foot pegs to center the weight in the kayak properly. Being 6'2" at 225 lb and my granddaughter only 6 years old. I could not move her forward enough for her to use the foot pegs. With some modifications I will be making, it will work out perfectly, by replacing the side rails with longer ones.

I find the overall weight very comfortable in handling solo in transporting to and from the truck, or putting away at the end of the day. But I am in pretty good shape, someone else may need help.

I found the tracking was very well with beginners. My daughter went out with the granddaughter, both beginners also, they found it was fun to paddle around and enjoy nature.

Danuu Fishing Seats: