Submitted: 05-28-2008 by loretta

I just purchased the Pamlico 100 Red from the local Gander Mountain for $427 + tax. They also gave a $50 coupon to be used at Gander Mountain, so I picked up a BendingBranches Whisper 240cm basically for free, as its price was $49.99.

I took it down Trammel Creek into Drakes Creek which finally spills into the Barren River in Bowling Green, KY. This is my first kayak, and I loved it. Knee padding was a must for me. I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs. and I had lots of room and found it to be very stable. I had no problem keeping up with my friend who was in a Dagger Element 10.0 on our paddle up the creek. I wish it had a bulkhead, but I'm not going to do any rapids anyway. There is ample room for my dog to sit on a towel in between my legs.

I gave it a 9 because the Pamlico, apparently like all kayaks with a cupholder, has its cupholder placed a little to close to my groin. It forces me to sit up a little straighter then I would like to. Please understand though, that I am wanting to use this kayak as almost a LazyBoy recliner as I float down the creek. I lay my legs along the rim of the cockpit and just enjoy the ride. Wow, what leisure.