Submitted: 05-28-2008 by BladeZealot

I must say...I am somewhat dismayed at some of these reviews for the Seven2.
I acquired one new online about 2 months ago after admiring a friend's on an overnight kayak trip. I purchased the ISO {230cm}.

My paddling consists of lakes and class I rivers predominantly, but I have put it through it's share of rough use {pushing off, bracing, etc...} and it has performed flawlessly.

I actually was on the river last weekend, the water was up several feet higher than usual, and where I normally put in is 1/2 mile upriver from a lowhead dam. I paddled upstream a few miles, and had a decent current to fight part of the way due to the high water. There were several places I inadvertently got the paddle wedged while fighting the current, bending and twisting it numerous times. I tend to stay near the bank looking for various reptiles, which puts me entangled in the logs and branches from time to time.

There were several times my mind hearkened back to these reviews I read last week and wished I had brought my Werner Camano as my back up, which I failed to do. Well, my worries were unfounded...as I said I had cause a number of times to be concerned because I knew my paddle was being abused this day.

I originally purchased the ISO due to the fact it has the smaller shaft and the ergonomic grip {I've carpal-tunnel}...figuring it would be a back up to my Camano. Well, My Camano is a back up to my ISO!!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: