Submitted: 05-27-2008 by Grump

I find this kayak to be very stable. It tracks well. I found the back rest to be somewhat uncomfortable at first. Then I noticed a piece of plastic with a small 6" rope bracing the backrest to limit movement. I removed this piece of plastic and now the backrest can pivot more. Now I find it to be much more comfortable. The plastic piece can be reinstalled if needed it is just wedged in place, thus the piece of rope attached to it, to assist in pulling it out. It has a place to mount a rudder along with places in the rear bulkhead and deck for the cables to move the rudder, if you would ever want to purchase this upgrade. It has no drain plug so rinsing it out with a hose can be a bit of a chore. But I find a wet sponge works just fine most of the time. This is the third kayak I've added to my small but growing fleet. And it's a keeper!