Submitted: 05-27-2008 by BladeZealot

I must say...initially I was somewhat disappointed...I was thinking this bag would not suit my needs... But after trying it out for a few months now...on probably 25 outings...I have been pleasantly surprised.

It holds a tremendous amount of gear, is fairly water resistant, and is quite convenient to access. I had a Chinook that the zipper broke on within 2 trips. The zipper on the SS bag is quite durable, and keeps the water out fairly well {splashing}. I carry probably minimum 10-12 lbs of gear in mine most of the time. Water, a handgun, med supplies, rain gear, etc...

I do wish it had a carry strap, but I just clipped two of the top corner straps to one another across the underside to create a makeshift carry handle. I use the bottom two straps to attach the bag to my deck rigging.

I've tried several other deck bags...being mostly unsatisfied with them. Be it the level of water resistance; difficult or poorly designed zippers...to just not practical, I had been unable to find the right one for me...until now. I believe my search has ended.

At under $50.00 from several online retailers...it's twice the bag at half the price of anything comparable.