Submitted: 05-23-2008 by David

I recently purchased the Angler edition of the Pack canoe. I love it!
Having had the Old Town Tripper for 30 years or more (which I think is the best canoe ever made), I grew weary of trying to portage this 80 pounder on long camping trips. Now at 72, I have a 27 foot motorhome and place the Pack on top without any problem because it is so light. I had a custom canoe/kayak rack made for the Lazy Daze motorhome to support a canoe and one or two kayaks.

I especially like this 12 foot wonderboat for its ability to do well in lakes, rivers, and small streams. I am looking forward to trying it out on our Oregon rivers up to Class II when I return next year from the East Coast.

I have a 240 Aqua-Bound cabon shaft paddle that works great. I am now looking for a cushion to soften the hard plastic seat on the angler edition. It gives a low center of gravity for excellent balance but it's hard on the backside after three or four hours in the water. I totally recommend this canoe!