Submitted: 05-14-2008 by chunter557

I have paddled my Predator 138 for 4 years now. I paddle mostly on "quiet waters" in the north east, but I have had my 138 out in some rivers (including some white waters which I do not recommend!). The boat has done me well throughout. It tracks well and has great primary and secondary stability. To test, I have leaned the boat over, far more than I would ever be comfortable doing, and have been able to right the boat. My dog often joins me on my paddling ventures and refuses to get into the boat dry. He insists on swimming out and meeting me in the water. I assist him into the boat, and thanks to the stability, I have never had a problem. The only times I have ever "dumped" this boat was when I was trying to. I don't see any need to add flotation, as I have intentionally filled this boat with water and it will not sink -- thanks to Polylink-3 materials.

The only improvement I would like to see is a drain plug. I really like the fact that there are no bulkheads as it allows me to fill the boat with all my gear. I have had this boat full of gear for a week-long camping trip and still had room for my dog (mid-sized lab). Great boat, now if I could teach the dog to get in the boat while dry....