Submitted: 05-13-2008 by Marcel B.

This is my fourth kayak and based on the reviews I read, I thought this was the kayak I needed. I'm 5'11", 190, and consider myself as being an intermediate paddler after 8 years. I bought it in winter and had not the opportunity to try it before buying. I just sat in it and found it fit me very well; just a little bit of padding and now it fits me like a glove.

I was not sure on my first rides, this is why I hesitated before rating it. I found it tippy compared to my previous carbon that was 24" wide. Now after a few rides in various conditions, I really really love it. It's quite fast, very stable for its wideness, and tracks very well. You edge it a little and it really manages tight turns. No weathercocking noticed to date, and needed a little skeg only on following seas and backwinds.

The only negative point will be for me its weight. I already think for a new one in K-Lite or carbon cause this is the best kayak I ever paddled. I was too looking at the Explorer at the moment of buying but I saw two of them that were so badly manufactured, I didn't wanted to even try them.

That boat (Force5) according to me is a dream come true. Really great boat and anybody should consider it on the top five kayaks for all around conditions.