Submitted: 05-02-2008 by dominicrizzo

For all of the "8"-"9"-"10" reviews that this boat received I am very unhappy with mine. I was on the fence about buying the Pungo 120 or a native watercraft ultimate 12 and went with the pungo because of the 150+ positive reviews on this website. I planned to use the boat for fishing and recreational paddling. Its overall quality is good, it is very comfortable (just like everyone says).

It is not as stable as everyone says (I got to go swimming today when it flipped on me while trying get into it. The boat tracks well, too well. The tightest circle I can turn by paddling continuously on one side is about 15 meters in diameter. Don't even think about trying to "spin out" to make a quick turn, If you try to back paddle on one side of the boat it turns about 20 degrees and you lose all forward speed coming to nearly a complete stop. dragging the paddle on one side or the other is more like braking than turning, and you get even wider turns than back paddling.

I have been using this boat on a large lake and calm ponds and was planning to take it on the Potomac river, but wont be because it is so hard to steer.

If you are looking for a boat that tracks like an arrow then this is a good choice. For big, flat water I recommend the Pungo, for fishing buy a SOT or an ultimate 12. I feel ripped off and now have to sell this boat before I can buy the Ultimate 12 that I should have bought in the first place.