Submitted: 05-01-2008 by BMM from Texas

I just purchased the Native Ultimate 12 footer and have found this boat to be just about everything it is advertised to be. I do not really care about being able to stand in the boat while fishing, but I love the stability when it comes to entering or exiting the craft. You can basically just step into the boat and sit down, even in 2 feet of water.

I do disagree with some of the reviews above in that I find the boat to track very well with or without the skeg and it compares pretty well to my Manta Ray 12. The Ultimate is also stable in the wind and tracks very well even in rough conditions on lakes and small ponds. It is a great boat for fishing with plenty of room for everything you might need.

As others have said, the cup holder is useless as a cup holder although I find it ideal for holding sinkers and small items. I do not agree that the storage space under the seat is easy access -- in fact, I find it pretty much useless unless you have the seat raised to the highest elevation, which I find uncomfortable for sitting. I would have rather had Hobie-like storage pouches along the inside wall of this boat. They could have easily been glued in place for storage of small items and I will probably purchase 3 or 4 of these pouches to mount in the Ultimate.

Otherwise, I have no other complaints and find this to be a very nice kayak and well worth the investment.