Submitted: 04-30-2008 by tg

One major gripe so far...
I like to paddle at a steep angle, and for people like me that knob that lowers the skeg couldn't be in a worse position. I was constantly banging my thumb on it while paddling. If I keep the boat I'll have to grind the stupid thing down so that it's flush with the boat- something the good people at Necky should consider in the future. That, or locate the knob slightly behind the cockpit to it's reachable but out of the business area. The rear cargo hold is cut into 2 smallish halves because of room required for the retractable skeg. 3rd, and last gripe it that those cargo covers are a real pain in the butt to get on.

Good points are that it's a fast boat, and tracks incredibly well. I had it out in very windy conditions, and could go at 45 degrees into the wind without getting off course. Not a very maneuverable boat though for the same reason. I had planned to take it on rivers when I bought it, but there's no way this boat would be responsive enough to avoid trouble.

If you're going to be on the ocean or a lake, have a low paddle style, and are only doing day trips, this is the boat for you. After I grind off that knob I'll change my score to 8 or 9.