Submitted: 04-29-2008 by babuluspiscans

I've had this boat for a few years now. I use it mainly for fishing and that's what it's good for. I have no problem standing up in the boat while drift fishing in moderate wind. The boat paddles well solo. I just sit at the bow facing the stern. If it is a particularly windy day I put a 50lb bag of sand up front and the boat becomes much easier to control.

Although this is my first boat and I don't have much to compare it with, it doesn't impress me as being too fast. It also takes a fair amount of effort to keep it tracking straight. When loaded with a lot of gear (i.e. when two people are paddling it across the lake with fishing tackle and a week's worth supplies) the boat is especially slow. Also, the exterior scratches easily. But who cares if your boat looks used. Just be careful around rocks.

Overall I am pleased with this boat. Very light and very stable. This is an excellent fishing boat for 1 or two people. There is not much room between the bow seat and front of the boat so make sure your fishing buddy, girlfriend, or whoever will be sitting up front isn't too tall.