Submitted: 04-28-2008 by beau-guest

I recently acquired a Pamlico 135T w/rudder... I plan on using it solo as a fishing kayak,to this end, it basically fits. but I have some complaints so far. the rudder control lines enter at the rudder at a bad angle, lotta resistance when you pull on the lines to raise /lower rudder, also with rudder up, access to rear hatch is obstructed. My biggest complaint is the rudder control pedals and racks. there are 3 racks in boat ...forward pedals are ok and not in the way for solo use .. 2nd rack is to accommodate rudder pedals for a solo paddler (you have to remove pedals from 3rd rack and advance them to 2nd rack) . I'm 5'7" ..in order for me to use pedals in solo mode, I have to move pedals to forwardmost holes of slide on 2nd rack to have room to use my feet. I would suggest to anyone buying this boat for solo use to order boat w/o pedals and racks installed and you install later to fit your size appropriately, you don't need all 3 racks for a solo paddler (disregard for a boat w/o a rudder).

Cheap, sloppy fitting, plastic locking bolt on front seat. SS wire control cables for rudder are looped/crimped thru nylon buckle eyelets for attachment ..only a matter of time b4 the wire cuts thru the nylon ..bad arrangement IMHO! and not easily fixed!! bottom edge of cockpit rim opening is sharp! I bought edge molding for car doors to finish off edges to keep rim lip from cutting into legs. foam chunks in bow and aft are about worthless for flotation. also @ 70 lbs. it's heavy for its size, but with rear seat taken out lots of storage room for things (like a kayak cart, folded up in the back).

For the list price, I think WS could have done a much better job! Seats are comfortable.