Submitted: 04-25-2008 by ksouders
I recently purchased this paddle from Onno paddles. Initially I had been somewhat interested in getting a wing paddle. I spoke with Pat describing what I was looking for and what I was expecting. After a fantastic conversation and exchange of ideas, I decided on the F.A.S.T (Forward Athletic Stroke Technique) Tour paddle. My first impression upon using this paddle was that it had a balanced pull throughout the entire stroke. There seems to be consistency from catch to release. And, it feels like it provides far better power with less effort (compared to Werner Shuna). I have used it for several 10-12 mile and a 20 miler, all river paddles. I felt no strain on the shoulders that I sometimes get from the Shuna for those distances. The paddle has adjustable length and feather using Onno's lever locks. Very easy and quick to make changes if needed or desired. This paddle has won the job as my everyday paddle.