Submitted: 04-23-2008 by tmornstar
Over my 30 years of toting kayaks on the roof of my truck I have never been so elated with a rack related item as is the case with my purchase of my Gull Wing saddles. I can not believe that I didnít buy these earlier. I replaced a set of Yakima Hully Rollers combined with a front set of Mako saddles after I noticed a slight indentation in one of my hulls from the rollers and slight pock-marks in the hull finish from the Makos. The Gull Wings are super-soft carpet on the hull and easily allows for rear loading / slide-on loading. The super-wide base comfortably and broadly supports a wide variety of boat hulls (on a regular basis: QCC 700, Necky poly-tandem, and Necky Manitou). The ABS plastic base nicely conforms to the shape of the hull. I love these saddles more than anybody should love something that is not blood related.