Submitted: 04-21-2008 by HJ

Okay, here's the deal. I couldn't find many reviews on the Colorado, and so I wanted to put in my two cents. I recently purchased this canoe, and have just finished my second afternoon out on a lake. This is a wonderful boat, that does everything it promises. Easy to inflate, easy to pack and carry. It's very sturdy, and will accommodate myself and my wife (neither of us are 'small' people) with ease.

Yes, its true, if you're a true canoe enthusiast, the tracking is a small issue. But if you want perfect tracking, go by a rigid kayak or regular canoe. My experience is that it does very well on water, and I can get from one end of the 'lake' to the other without any problems. I use the kayad paddle, and had my 6 yr old son in front. I did not get drenched, just had to find the most comfortable and efficient way of paddling.

I've been in many regular canoes, and this is as good on the water. Now, try folding up a regular canoe and taking it home. The whole point of an inflatable is the portability. Its fun, and if you want pure, straight and true tracking, get a rack/trailer for your car, a good strong back, and a roof mount for your garage and pay $650 for a 'real' canoe. I think the people who downgrade this boat shouldn't have bought an inflatable to begin with, but for what it is, it works great for us!

BTW - I probably should have given it a 10, but it could use another skeg on the front end.