Submitted: 04-11-2008 by Country_Girl_95

WOW! okay so I have been looking around for a starter kayak for the past year and half. I've been using a Sevylor inflated kayak, and although that has been fun and portable, I soon got sick of not being able to kayak normally.

I had a limited budget to work with so I was just going to go with a Pelican Pursuit 100 or a Victory Blast. But after trying those 2 out at the store, I decided my 6ft frame was a bit cramped in those little kayaks. Now the Pamlico is no 12 footer...but the 10 feet is plenty long for me! So I spent $350 on a beautiful Smoke blue (cloud design) of the Pamlico. It was definitely love at first sight. I definitely trust Wilderness Systems over others as my beginner kayak.

I just got back from paddling it around... the winds were gusting around 30 MPH at the local lake and the waves were pounding. But I actually was able to stay in a straight line and the kayak remained really stable!!! I had no trouble paddling it. Like one lady said... switching from an inflatable to a hardshell is definitely like going from a Honda to a Porsche!

***This kayak has great tracking and the speed is fine by me. But I'm only a beginner so I don't have a ton to compare to. But if you're just getting into the sport and don't want to get a Walmart quality kayak...then get a Wilderness System Pamlico 100!! It's definitely worth it!!!

Vasa, Inc.: