Submitted: 04-09-2008 by 2marcia

I've had my Appalachian for about 3 years. I paddle it solo on class 1-3 Ga/Tenn/NC rivers. I've run it on the Nantahala, Broad and Hiwassee. It will do everything I ask it to do. It will surf, catch eddies and when leaned, will do a 180 in a second. The more current the faster it will turn. Stability is great. I've had it turned all the way on edge going over a rock sideways and it came back down. Took in about 8" of water and went through the rest of the standing waves just fine.

Truth is, it's a much better boat than I am paddler. I've had it loaded with about 500 lbs and been alright playing in some class 2 rapids loaded. Very happy with it and would recommend it for river running and playing around. Does get blown around in the wind. Leaned over in a Canadian style position, you can really move along without switching sides. Great boat!