Submitted: 04-09-2008 by BMT

I fish from an OK Prowler 13, Tarpon 100 and OK Drifter: I wanted a lightweight yak with high stability for those fishing adventures on the Louisianan Gulf bays when I don't need to travel far: so I purchased a Malibu Mini-X from Kim and Ryan of Dixie Kayaks in Katy, Texas: their service and willingness to please is second to none !!

I love the Mini-X for its grab and go lightness, it remarkable stability, and it takes barge and ship waves better than my larger kayaks. It is a bit slow as other reviewers have noted, but it is not that bad. Also, the tracking is not as bad as I had read on other reviews. Keep the paddle close to the hull and it goes where you want it to go, but it will turn on a dime and give back change.

It is a joy to load, especially after a few hours of serious paddling and fishing. I cannot find anything about the Mini-X I don't like: it does what it was designed to do well.