Submitted: 04-07-2008 by jl

I have had an Ojibway for 4 years now and absolutely love it. We use it primarily for fishing on flatwater and with 2 anglers the center bench makes a great table for a tacklebox. My wife, 6 year old son, and I have taken it on a couple of group paddles on small rivers and it handles beautifully.

It is also, in my opinion, indestructible! I believe the rolled in gunwales are perfect... we nearly tipped the canoe when we high centered a rock, but the rolled in design kept the water from pouring in too fast and we were able to shift our weight and keep it upright! Yes... the rolled in sides hold the water in when trying to dump out... I was surprised to hear so many people would drill holes in the darn canoe instead of invest 20 dollars on a good kayak pump which is what I did... I can empty the boat in 2 minutes!

Yeah... it is heavy, but I work out regularly and don't mind heavy lifting. If you want a light canoe don't buy this one! Love the canoe and would buy another one but don't think I'll ever have to because this one will last a good long time!

Suspenz: