Submitted: 04-03-2008 by Jay

I literally grew up on Keuka Lake, the darling of New York's Finger Lakes. Spent more time in a canoe than anyone I know. I can tell you most assuredly, that the cheap canoe from Pelican, is an absolute waste of money! If you don't keep it out of the sun, it will warp like a banana! The material is so flimsy that it does what they call "oil cans"; that is, it pops like when you squeeze an old can of 3-in-1 oil. The stability isn't there for three people, though they put a third seat on it and better make sure you're on good terms with your Guardian Angels if you put three people in it. What ever you do, don't drag the bow onto any surface harder than mud because you'll see the cheap garbage-can polyethylene peel like a piece of mozzarella cheese on your pizza before you put it in the oven! You get what you pay for and I've learned through the years to spend a little more money.