Submitted: 04-01-2008 by JA

I love the Piccolo. I have 3!
My boys and I are outgrowing (Boys are 5'8") them, however my girlfriend LOVES the boat too. She is 5' and 110lbs. I bought them used and one of the previous owners misses hers so much she wants to buy it back! Hydrodynamically speaking, this is a very efficient boat. Without expending much energy you can cover a lot of distance. I am not aware of any plastic boats of this length that come close to touching the performance of the Piccolo. The Alto is the 17 ft version of the Piccolo. I have that and love it too. I'm 5'6" and 175lbs I am not comfortable in the Piccolo after more than 30 minutes. I have 6 kayaks. The Piccolo and the Alto are my favorites. Sadly, I have yet to see any production plastic boats with the same hull design being manufactured at this time. Simple and fast is a good thing:-)

Silverfish