Submitted: 03-26-2008 by rafair

The Critter was my families first kayak. Because of its small size, we have progressed to the point where we are touring small fishing streams. We can easily maneuver under and, at times, pull over logs. We are able to view wildlife in places others can't reach. The Critter also has generous room fore and aft for food and drink.

We like the low ride height. Because of this, with a specially designed plywood rack we are able to fit our 3 kayaks in the back of a small pickup truck.

This little kayak has introduced many of our friends to kayaking too. We have 4 Critters/Blast and have not looked back or wanted anything else. Our touring is generally limited to 3-5 hours or half day trips.

The only modifications we made were for comfort and safety. We added seat pads and recovery ropes, (a lesson we learned on a fast stream where we almost lost the craft.) We started Kayaking 5 years ago. I was 10. Now I developed a technique where, because of the flat bottom, I can slide down steep banks and gain entry into ponds that don't have "perfect" entry points.

This little kayak really helped us enjoy the nature in our backyard we took for granted.

Balance Solutions, LLC: