Submitted: 03-24-2008 by nick stamates

I bought this kayak as an optional light class 2-3 ww boat for my girlfriend. When I received it in the mail and pumped it up it looked great!! Then I tested it out on the lake I live on and quickly realized I was taking on water?? hmmmm... water was filling up in the crack between the wall air chambers and the floor chamber = 3inches of water in 5 minutes.

I called the manufacturer and they told me to try seam sealer, I bought 5 tubes and left no doubt. Still leaked! I then bought roofers caulk and filled every seam on the boat. $30 later the problem was fixed but I called the manufacturer back anyways and demanded they send me a new boat!! 2 months later after being on backorder I got my new boat. Guess what? The first defective boat I got didn't have rubber pvc paint coated on the cordora fabric. This is why I had the water coming in everywhere, it soaked right through the fabric and into the boat. Once I pumped my new boat up I tested it out and no problems since!!

I know for a fact that this is why so many other people have had trouble with it taking on water/ not drying out, somebody at the factory wasn't putting on the PVC paint. Boat tracks goof for an inflatable and built tough, Great soft WW boat, If you are ripping the bottom hull material, then you are dragging in in glass, there is no reason this material should rip. It's built tough if you don't have a defect.

My advice, buy a Sevylor Colorado inflatable, Kwik tech customer service is awful and I see this boat in shops all the time and they don't have the PVC coating on them, quality control must have got the year off!! Seriously... buy a Sevylor colorado for an extra 100 bucks, it's night and day