Submitted: 03-21-2008 by MojoHamuki

I recently purchased a BackUP device by Roll-Aid, Inc. after seeing a video on YouTube of its demonstration. The comments on the video although valid, were flawed.

I always believe in having a backup or a plan B. In rough water especially cold water I want to know that if my roll fails I have another option before deciding to do a wet exit. Which could be fatal.

This has nothing to do with how good my eskimo roll is. I want to know that I have a second option. The BackUP is just that. It automatically inflates and gives you something to hold onto to right yourself back up in a matter of seconds.

Its a must for someone who isn't as perfected on rolling. Once inflated the float also serves nicely as a paddle float. The only downside is that you have to replace the CO2 cartridge each time it is used.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: