Submitted: 03-20-2008 by dsB

I have the Mad River Adventure 16 and I love this canoe. My wife and I have two small children ages 3 and 6, and I can say that I don't feel like this canoe would tip easily. The kids constantly shift around in the canoe and I don't feel like it is ever in danger of tipping over. The seats are very comfortable, you can paddle many hours in this canoe quite comfortably.

The only drawbacks about this canoe seem to be weight and lack of accessories. That being said, I had spinal fusion surgery 10 weeks ago, and can still get this boat on and off the roof of my Honda Odyssey by myself, and I'm short only 5'7". It's probably too heavy for one person to portage, so not having a center portage yoke makes sense. Everyone likes the cup holders. It has a drain plug so all the water comes out when it is upside down. It has a lipped gunwale like a kayak. I have been looking for a spray skirt for this. If anyone has an idea where to get one I'm interested.