Submitted: 03-20-2008 by FRL

Took up kayaking in summer of 2006. Started with an entry level kayak and last summer I upgraded to a Dirigo 120. Living along a river and retired, I enjoy going first thing in the morning with a mug of coffee. I usually paddle for a couple of hours. I also truck my kayak to other lakes and rivers occasionally.

The Dirigo 120 is just great. I love the dry well in front for small items like keys, cellphone etc. as well as the adjustable seat and large waterproof hatch at the rear. I was out fifty some times last summer and even tried it out in whitecap conditions to test it's stability. Handled the waves perfectly. This boat tracks well, is comfortable and super stable. I would recommend it to anyone and the only reason I gave it a nine instead of a ten is I wish it was a little lighter for transporting.