Submitted: 03-20-2008 by RiverCityFish

I bought this boat about 4-5 weeks ago. Went in to get a deal on an 07 and ended up with the same deal on on an 08. I'm about 6'4 and about 235lbs. I'd been paddling my friends 100 and enjoyed it, so I figured the 120 would be even better. Well, the cockpit is about the same size as the 100, but it has the adjustable foot pegs instead of the molded steps. Nice change for me.

In 2008, WS made some changes in their mold and removed the scupper holes from behind the seat, so no more wet bottom, Awesome. However, they also introduced a new adjustable seat back. I would have given the boat a 9.5 instead of a 6 if they hadn't done this. In theory it is nice to have the adjustment on the seat back. However the plastic on the back itself flexes way more than the metal post on which it slides. The result is a visibly bruised back (right ! on the spine) after about 45 minutes of light paddling and fishing. It's much like leaning against a broken street sign. Unfortunately for WS, I think this new seat is standard on all of the 2008 SOTs.

A wise thing that they did do however was discontinuing the dark olive color they used in their camo and as a solid color in previous years - after a day in the sun it got VERY pliable and dangerously hot. The new camo is a mix of sand and spruce. Nice combo, but did not mix in the mold very well. It's pretty much green with a splash of sand on the bottom and 2 places near the cockpit. Still decent looking though.

End result: Go buy an 2007 for less and get 2 pieces of foam for the seat scupper holes. Hopefully there will be a recall on the 08 seat backs, but I'm not holding my breath.