Submitted: 03-19-2008 by sitka
I acquired the Quest after spending the last few years in a Dagger Sitka. I did buy this boat a bit on a whim - the price was right, I was in the market for something more responsive that the Sitka - I didn't have the opportunity to try it out before I bought it. I did my research about it and it seemed that it could be a bit tender. Well, I love it. I've tried many other boats before this one and was seriously considering an NDK Explorer HV.

On to the Quest: The initial stability and the secondary stability blend together smoothly and it certainly requires you to pa attention what you are doing; meaning that it doesn't take care of you the way that the Explorer does. If you blow it on an edge you'll get wet; however, it's responsive to braces and roll in a way that makes up for it's tender nature.

Some of the reviews claim the Quest tends to ride a bit high unloaded, but it is a boat designed to carry gear. I found that it ride no higher that any other boat unloaded and that it remain responsive to corrective strokes. Even in high winds it tracks rather well, though it may tend to pearl a bit.

I haven't had the opportunity to try it loaded for a trip yet and will add to this at that time. At this point however, I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up wit the caveat that for some the twitchy nature of this boat will inspire nightmares for the unprepared/inexperienced.