Submitted: 05-17-2000 by Darrell

Have owned the Osprey for 2 months. I have only used it on Santamargarita Lake in central California. The boat is very stable and enjoy fishing from it. It is easy to keep straight with the J stroke. Because it has a lot of free board cross winds can be a problem. I have installed oar locks and row much of the time. You can really make time and cover a lot of water in a hurry, and it is a lot of fun. I use the paddle in calm water and close quarters. At 14' this canoe can hold a lot of gear. I row and paddle rearward from the front seat, when empty I put a 7 gal water jug up in front for ballist to keep that end in the water. I am very happy with this canoe, when rowing it is really fast and easy to keep straight in wind, and a must when going into the wind. I would give it a 10 but this is my first canoe so do not have anything to campare it to. Fun boat!

Suspenz: