Submitted: 03-13-2008 by pbchav

I have paddled an Old Town Tripper canoe for many years and have learned first-hand the excellent quality of Old Town. So, when I bought my first kayak last year, Old Town was a known quantity. I checked Pungo, Wilderness Systems and Old Town, gradually zeroing in on Old Town. After considerable research, numerous visits to the Old Town factory store(where the staff were exceptional!) and discussion with kayaking friends, I chose the Cayuga 146.

I have been thrilled with it's comfort, performance and versatility. I paddle lakes, streams and ponds in the North Country and have greatly enjoyed my Cayuga. I am planning overnight trips this summer and look forward to adding to my experience with the Cayuga. I will also be adding an Old Town Dirigo 120 to my flotilla this spring, for my wife and guests to use. Never doubt the quality and reputation of Old Town; even as part of Johnson Outdoors, they remain true to their origins. The Cayuga 146 has made me an extremely happy paddler!