Submitted: 03-12-2008 by fatkid

Purchased a Wildwasser (Prijon) Pocket-System Neo/Neo spray skirt for my Prijon Kodiak. For this same boat I have older Kokatat seaskirt, and a Snapdragon Neo/nylon skirt. The Kokatat sizing just doesn't fit right, and the seal breaks during rolling, not to mention large amounts of water pool on skirt. The Snapdragon fits the keyhole well, however the nylon tunnel doesn't work for me. For these reason I decided to purchase a spray skirt made by my kayak's manufacturer.

The fit of the skirt couldn't be better, and the material is heavy duty. This skirt incorporates dual bungees to maintain a positive seal. After repeated rolls, not a drop of water in the kayak. I also selected the Neo/Neo for the neoprene tunnel, after using nylon, I found that I like neoprene because the tunnel doesn't creep down, and doesn't require the use of suspenders. The tunnel for this skirt also has two adjustment straps located at the top of the tunnel, this allows for plenty of adjustment. Another feature about this skirt that works is the "tent" shaped deck of the skirt. This feature keeps water from pooling. The pocket on the deck is also a great feature, it's large enough to fit various items with easy. The pull tab is also accessible, not to mention highly visible due to the florescent color.

I would highly recommend this product if you're in the market for a high end skirt built for extreme touring conditions. I would also consider Wildwasser's Monterey, and Big Sur spray decks.

Harken Hoister: