Submitted: 02-29-2008 by kayakamper

I have recently purchased a little used poly LV and am very pleased. I have had it out three times now, two windy rivers and once in the ocean. This boat seems to love choppy, windy conditions.

The initial stability is touchy at first entry, but after a few strokes you realize it has good to moderate stability. I have come from a stable folding kayak (Feathercraft Kahuna) so I notice the stability a little more.

The fit and finish is good, the cockpit is snug (I'm 6'1" 190lbs), but once in, it has a good feel and is a good fit. My only complaint is the room for my size 12 feet. On the foot rests they just fit under the low deck. The seat is comfortable though it took some time to get the back rest just right. Thigh and hip bracing is quite good.

Since this is my first boat with a skeg, I have enjoyed learning how it works best in the different conditions. In winds from different directions the skeg gives an instant reaction and is easy to adjust. It gives you confidence under way as does the boat in general. I don't miss my stable, ruddered folder much as it is like stepping from a family sedan to a classic British sports car.

Besides the foot room, I guess the only other complaint is the weight. I think the trade off for that is the three layer construction. It is much more solid than most other plastic boats.