Submitted: 02-27-2008 by Ian Blow

I have read other reviews on the Sevylor Colorado and they prompted me to throw in my two cents worth.
I have the single model (the Rio),I find that the boat tracks just fine, it's all in how you paddle the boat, of course. I actually bought two of them and I was out last Sunday with a buddy of mine and it was his first time paddling and he totally enjoyed it. I had the seat in his boat set up for me, I like the seat as far back as possible because I want lots of room for my dog in the front. With it set up like that I could see that his boat was a little high in the front and he noticed the drag. I gave him the dog and... problem solved.

Even paddling into the wind as well as angling into the wind and we did not have to fight to keep the boats in control. I intend to sell both of these boats and I'm going to purchase the Colorados to replace them as I find the Rio's to be lacking in space. I would not suggest that anyone buy a Rio if they intend to carry along any gear at all. The only thing that bothers me about these boats is that they seem to take on quite a bit of water, nothing major, and I'm not even sure how the water is getting in. I'm very careful not to drip water from my paddle, so, I know that that is not how the water is getting in. The floor and seat is not getting wet from wicking, however there winds up being about a liter or more of water in the space between the floor and pontoon.

I would also agree that the vinyl inflation stems are pretty crude. It's really not easy getting them to pop out once they are depressed. I also find that the seats definitely need to be about four or five inches taller. I intend to deck my boat out for fly fishing and I'm going to install a padded rigid seat mounted to a wooden deck as well as a motor mount and an fish finder/rod holder mount.