Submitted: 02-19-2008 by Dan-the-Man
I picked up my Sea Wind in mid Dec. 2007 and just returned from a trip to the Fla Keys where I did about a 100 miles of paddling with a friend who was in his Nigel Dennis Explorer. We did a cross section of paddling some in the keys back country in open water and some in the numerous mangrove trails.

I have a quartet of 4 single boats - a Wenonah Prism, a Nigel Foster Legend, a Baidarka Explorer, and a Night Heron. If I could only have one boat it would be the Kruger Sea Wind. I believe that I could paddle this boat farther, with less effort over a longer set distance then any of my other boats. It has superb initial and secondary stability and is very comfortable to paddle. In rough seas it is much easier to keep on a compass course than any of my other boats. On our last day of the Keys trip the winds were gusting from 30 to 35 mph, tough paddling but the Kruger handled it with aplomb. It's a very confidence inspiring boat to paddle.

Also Mark Przedwojewski of Kruger Canoes is a craftsman and a straight shooter who takes pride in his work.

OS Systems: