Submitted: 02-16-2008 by ceplummer
The Kayak Stackers perform as promised. I carry 2 boats, one on each side. I agree with the reviews above, though. You'll want to carefully think about your available roof-space and your ability to reach. I have a Forester, and I have no problem reaching up and over to secure them. However, keep in mind that once you have the first boat up, it can be harder to reach around it to secure the other one. Definitely think about what order you mount the boats in!

Rated 8 out of 10 for price to performance ratio. Lost 2 points due to cumbersome design when not in use. You really can't leave them sticking up (well, I guess you could, but they look strange and probably don't help your mileage), and if you fold them down (round bars only, thank you), there's a chance they could work loose and start rubbing/vibrating on your roof causing damage.