Submitted: 02-14-2008 by JC

3-stars, at least for my application. Bought this boat used on eBay, for what I thought was a great deal. MAKE SURE U GET THE RIGHT SIZE!!! I am too fat for a 235! At 5'10" 190 lbs I am sinking this boat. Its really the length of my legs that screws everything up, moving the seat fully back and pegs fully forward, my center of gravity sucks and boat performance suffers. Because I can't fit in the boat, I'm hesitant to take it where it belongs: class III or better. Regardless, I've tried it plenty on class II and wimpy stuff, and aside of being overloaded with my carcass, it exhibits a refreshing playfulness in active water. It does not like low water rock dragging at all and snags like glue. The outfitting is sufficient (once again, if u fit in it) and it is a pleasure to carry. I have not experienced any of the notorious Pyranha plastic failures I hear so much about. I don't know if I'm lucky or the boat is of a newer generation that addressed the failures. I would love to review a 245, because that's where I belong.

New York Kayak Co.: