Submitted: 02-14-2008 by paul

I just recently purchased my Prowler 15, and have to say that this is one of the best boats I have ridden to date. It tracks very well, is only slightly wet, and has very minimal hull slap. So far I have had a Heritage and a Wilderness Systems 160i Kayak and have found that this kayak is overall a better yak. The front hatch is great compared to the WS Tarpon 160i I used to have. It uses clips instead of just the rubber snap on lid. (which with the WS it is impossible to get off when you are in the water due to the weight sucking down on the lid.)

I bought my 2006 model because I got the kayak with rod holders, paddle, life jacket, and seat for under $800 brand new. The advertised Prowler 13 08' model was 850 by itself. My first paddle was near the Pali on Maui for a few hours, and I didn't find a single thing wrong with the performance of this kayak. A rudder option might be necessary for a long distance paddle.

Overall I rate this kayak a 10/10 and would recommend it to both novices and advanced paddlers.