Submitted: 01-31-2008 by dwrack

I have went through 2 different models of this camera, and their designers are learning, but too slowly for my tastes.
The first one didn't have a lens cover, hmmmmm, in my lifestyle that got scratched real quickly, then the back lcd got a nice crack down the center of it when she was hiking and slipped and had it in her hand and it hit a rock... so it didn't stand up to the abuse too well.

you need xd cards...these are different from sd cards and you need a xd card reader! -- yeah, another different form of media...wahoo!

I use the new WP on the water with my kayak tours, it doesn't take good enough photos most of the time to have people want them, so I bought a Canon 800 with the waterproof housing! Now this Canon 800 is bomb proof -- I can toss it 60 feet off a cliff into the water and it is fine. But it is way more bulky, which isn't bad for me, because my guides are good at loosing things on tours and the easier it is to see, the less likely it is to loose.

That is one thing the WP has going for it - its size. I recommend it for snowboarding or skiing, but as far as the sun/light off of water goes it has horrible photo capturing abilities