Submitted: 01-16-2008 by lunarkayaker

Although I wear wool undergarments in extremely cold conditions, I also wear synthetic garments.
My local Dick's Sporting Goods store had Nike AGC apparel on sale at 50% off, so I purchased a Men's AGC top for use under my wetsuit torso in moderately cold conditions.

The garment works very well. It wicks perspiration well and retains a good deal of heat when wet. The quarter zip works well and the zipper is backed by a layer of material so the wind doesn't blow through - this is a good touch for outdoor use.

The tall neck interferes with my beard when zipped up and I don't have my paddling jacket collar snug. This occurs with most similar garments, so I really can't fault Nike for this.

The garment is made of a stretchy material. The cut is well designed with articulating sections beneath the armpits. The top has met all expectations for my use on the water.

I wore the top with both jeans and chinos at work (I am a re-modeler). Although the thermal characteristics were great, the top constantly pulled loose from my snugly belted trousers and exposed my back to cold air when leaning over. I have a variety of thermal underwear and the tops all have an extended back to prevent that cold blast of air. If it were not for this issue, I would have rated the garment a 10.
Highly recommended.