Submitted: 01-16-2008 by mstanczyc

I am a large paddler (6'4", 260 lbs, 43 years old). After back surgery, my doctor said I shouldn't lift anything more than 30 lbs, so I had to find something other than the plastic behemoth I was paddling. I looked into the kevlar fusion version and found it to fall into that 30-ish lb range.

I find I have no problem loading and unloading it and it handles very well in the water. It is easy to get moving and tracks well. The hatches are good sized and I have found that I can carry all my gear in for the couple 2-3 day trips I've taken in it.

A couple of minor items I've noted are: given the length of my legs, with the foot pegs all the way forward towards the front bulkhead, my legs end up sticking out of the top of the cockpit slightly. The other item is that I found that my seat was rubbing against the bottom of the kayak, wearing some of the kevlar fabric away. I'm sure my weight had something to do with this. I fixed this by putting a thin layer of foam insulation under the seat and have had no more problems.

Two minor issues, overall a very good boat and I would recommend it to anyone, and I would buy another one.