Submitted: 01-16-2008 by lunarkayaker

This review describes the 10 liter bag.
I have had two 10 liter clear bags in my kayak for months. I carry a second set of cold weather clothing as I paddle in cold weather and in extreme conditions.

I originally purchased a single bag, but the 10 liter bag didn't have as much storage room after folding down and sealing the top. This isn't a design error on the mfr, I should have purchased a larger bag originally.

All similar bags lose a few inches from the top after you repeatedly fold the top down to seal the bag. The smaller the bag, the relatively larger percentage of storage space the closure requires.

Although I have never inadvertently been immersed in subfreezing temperatures (I perform my rescue training in 50+ temps), this is an essential piece of gear for me. I always carry a spare set of polypro underwear-top and bottom, a wool or synthetic fleece top, and a synthetic fleece vest, two Mylar blankets, and two heat packs.

I like the clear bags because I can immediately identify the contents. Clear bags are "sticky" and don't slide easily against my kayak or other gear bags. This is an issue with all clear bags I've seen and isn't specific to Seal Line.

Field note: Placing gear bags - clear or colored - within inexpensive plastic trash bags will extend their working life. The plastic bags don't work for waterproofing, but provide a layer of buffer material. This is particularly effective in sandy conditions.

The Seal Line bags work exactly as advertised.
Highly Recommended.