Submitted: 01-14-2008 by lunarkayaker

I have worn these boots frequently for a few months and they have served me well. This is a tall, 5mm "expedition style" boot.
These boots are not as well made as Chota boots, but for $50, I have been very satisfied with them. They are definitely worth the money.

The boots are tall and prevent water and sand entry with a cinch at the top. A strap across the top of the foot ensures a snug fit. And they do fit snugly. Disregard the Neosport marketing verbiage stating that they accommodate thick socks if you purchase your normal size. I wear a size 9 or 10 work boot with a thin sock (silk or polypro) under a thick sock (wool or synthetic wool). I ordered the Neosport boot in size 10. I can wear a thin silk or polypro sock or just barely wear a thick wool sock, but not both. I suggest you order one size larger than normal.

There is a flat seam near the arch that felt rough to the finger, but hasn't been an issue so far.
The sole has a good grooved pattern and has held up pretty well. I walk across paved parking lots at some of my launches, and the sole has held up well-no thin, soft kayak boot will hold up like my heavy Red Wing workboots.

I have stepped in muddy stream beds with "suction cup" mud and the footstraps kept the boot on my foot.
The boots have never failed me. I have used them in a variety of conditions and they have performed very well. I don't expect them to hold up as well as Chota's, but I feel the performance of the boot exceeds the cost.

This is a good basic boot for the budget buyer. I detrimented Neosport one point for their false "generous fit" statement.
Highly recommended.