Submitted: 01-09-2008 by Mudrivers

WoW, In 1996 I bought my SEACRET. Its now 2008.
I have paddled from Key West to Flamingo Fla. All 17 river basins in NC. I learned to maneuver the surf zone in Bogue inlet NC with her. Majority of the Outter banks in NC.
I have a Down Wind Rigg for sailing. Plus added an oversized rudder to help stabilize. The bow holds a large Airbag as water displacement bag. I stow my tent and sleeping pad and bag in dry bags in bow, then slide small airbag in and inflate to provide better displacement of H2o. In the Stern I place bottled H20 and food ,clothing and cook gear, rescue equipment. On the deck I added Eye rings to provide self-rescue line on deckedgeings. On bow I made spare paddle mount. Added a compass in the molded area provided. Currently added side handles and bow ,stern handles from the New Carry Handles available on market 2008.

I reinforced the bulkhead due to being on the ocean in it. I have had up to 507 lbs of me and my gear in it and had no problems. I have been in 8 ft breakers in Bogue inlet and the flatest waters too. Dragged it across sandbars on more than one occasion. I own 17 boats and have paddled 21 years. Not much this kayak can't do.

NRS: