Submitted: 01-04-2008 by richard

I've had my Napali for 6 months now, and can confirm it is a fantastic kayak.
I have used it mostly just for recreational and fitness activities, but the couple of occasions I have used it for touring it has been equal - if not superior to - any of the sit ins around me. It is fast, stable, and has a superb amount of storage, that stays completely dry always - regardless of conditions. It is great in swell, stable in cross winds, and tracks well running with the swell.

I have mine set up with a rudder and thigh straps - that while giving better paddler control, also double as useful loading and unloading straps. I highly recommend both of these additions to the basic set up. The shape of the boat is perfect, and has been beautifully designed to maximize both and stability & speed potential.

The only thing that stops it getting a 10 in my books, is the seating arrangement. While I don't have the issues, some do with the seat back, I am puzzled as to why they would have designed the seat bucket area without a drain hole. It fills with water after one wave, and has no way of draining until you get to shore and tip it up. Minor gripe in the scheme of things, but is a design fault nevertheless.
Still, this is a fantastic Yak, and one with which I am really happy.