Submitted: 01-03-2008 by tsommer

I purchased two of these boats and it was a great purchase, the boat has exceeded expectations, and when we needed a warranty replacement of one of the boats, Ocean Kayak replaced it without question and quickly. Both Stan and I at Idaho River Sports were so impressed with their handling of the warranty and this alone should be a reason to buy from Ocean Kayak! Stan said it was the best warranty experience he has ever had.

But the kayak is the best reason. It tracks so well and is easier to use than you might expect. It is stable through rapids, maneuverable, and more fun because our teenagers could use the boat as a dive platform and climb back in without effort, wherever they wanted.

We use the boat now on rivers and lakes for summer camping and touring but purchased it to use for scuba diving on coastal trips. The Malibu Two was more recommended for this activity and we have yet to test the XL in surf but I am confident that it was the better choice based on everything we have experienced with the boat so far. The boat rides high enough out of the water while loaded and is still fast. The scuba diving test will be another reason to write another review about this fantastic boat.