Submitted: 12-31-2007 by Chuck54sd

I would rate the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 Pro/rudder (fiberglass) as 9 out of 10.
I have had this kayak out on the rivers of South Dakota for the past 3 months now and it is one of my favorite kayaks to paddle. Both me (6í 240 lbs) and my girlfriend (5í2Ē ...we wonít go there) find it has plenty of room and is just the right size to accommodate both of our needs. The rudder really adds to the experience, although some of my friends find that it tracks so well they donít use the rudder.

This was my first fiberglass kayak, and boy what a difference. The composite boats seem to slice the water a bit better than the polyethylene ones do. They cost a bit more, but once you try a Fiberglass or Kevlar boats you will be hooked.

Things I like: Stability.... this kayak is a nice blend of speed & stability. Granted itís not as quick as my W.S. Tempest 170 (FG), but then again it wonít roll on me either when I venture out on a cold water winter run in January. This is a kayak you can trust.

The Wilderness Systems Phase 3 seating system included is ďOutstandingĒ. You can adjust the seat & back to find that perfect comfort zone for those long river runs.

Things I donít like: Havenít found it yet.

In summary... the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 Pro/rudder is an excellent all around kayak for beginners to intermediate paddlers. It is truly a joy to paddle & own.